1. They’re healthy for you. Soups serve as a great way to meet your daily quota for veggies and vitamins.
If you have produce that’s about to expire, tossing them into a soup is a great way to us them up. You can even drop frozen vegetables into boiling soup without compromising taste or texture – plus it’s a great way to clear out all those leftover frozen vegetables in your freezer.
2. They’re fairly cheap and easy to prepare. Soups don’t require a large amount of prep time. If you use a slow cooker you can prepare a delicious soup in five minutes flat and let the cooker do the rest. You can go about your day and come home with a heartwarming and delicious meal ready to go.
3. They freeze well. Soups are an excellent option if you want to prepare meals, work lunches or dinners in advance. Cook a large portion of your favourite soup, then pour it into some of our Pac Food Stand-up pouches, zip them up tight, and freeze. Once frozen, reheating is as simple as piercing the pouch at the top and placing your soup in the microwave. On average, it takes 2 to 3 minutes to thoroughly thaw frozen soup, followed by 1 to 3 minutes on high to fully reheat previously frozen soup to your desired temperature.
4. They keep you hydrated. During the winter chill, it’s still important to keep hydrated. But while you may not be hot and sweaty, you still lose fluid through daily activities. Since soups are mostly liquid, they’re a great way to keep hydrated, feel full and stay healthy.
5. They give your immune system a boost. Soups can help you stay cold and flu-free, and they’re a great remedy when you are sick, too! Most soups are loaded with nutrients from the vegetables they’re made from. As an added bonus: the hot liquid helps soothe a sore throat.
Extend the life of your soups using Pac Food stand-up pouches
Do you plan your meals months ahead of time? Maybe you just want to make the most of that delectable pumpkin soup you made? As we noted earlier, our stand-up pouches are the ideal solution for freezing and re-heating your favourite soup. Pac Food stand-up pouches may be frozen, boiled, microwaved (once pierced), and even hot-filled with ease thanks to the robust base that allows these pouches to stand on their own. Pouches are available with and without a zip lock and come in a variety of sizes, so no matter how big your winter soup is or how far you want to prep ahead, we have a size that will work for you.