Whether you’re eager to try your hand at sous vide – or looking to add a new recipe to your repertoire – Adam Liaw’s chicken breast with spring onion oil is for you!
Season 2 Masterchef winner Adam Liaw recently shared this recipe, one of his personal sous vide favourites, at a special Pac Food demonstration during Fine Food Australia.
Cantonese inspired flavours and super simple to prepare, this sous vide recipe dishes up tender, juicy and flavoursome chicken that the whole family will love.
Recipe: Adam Liaw’s Sous Vide Chicken breast with spring onion oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- coriander sprigs, to serve
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
Spring onion oil
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- ½ tsp salt flakes
- 4 spring onions, white and light green part thinly sliced
- ¼ cup peanut or canola oil
- To make the spring onion oil, combine the ginger, salt, and spring onions in a heatproof mortar and pestle. Lightly pound the mixture to break up the spring onion. Heat the oil in a small saucepan until smoking, and pour the oil into the mortar. Stir once, then allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Vacuum seal chicken breasts and sous vide at 62C for 1 hour. Remove chicken from the bags and pour any liquid from the bag into a small bowl. Combine with the soy sauce and sesame oil and mix well.
- Slice the chicken on the diagonal and return to the plate. Spoon over the dressing and top with spoonfuls of the spring onion oil. Scatter with coriander to serve.
Here’s what you’ll need to recreate Adam Liaw’s sous vide chicken with spring onion oil:
- Mortar and pestle
- Water bath
- Vacuum sealer
- Vacuum bags
- Serving plate
- Cutting board
Vacuum Sealing Products
Pac Food recommend the 165x250mm micro channel bags. You can also use our vacuum sealing rolls and cut to your desired size.
If you’re looking to invest in a vacuum sealer, it’s best to consider – how often you’ll be using the machine,
Frequent use or commercial applications should consider our heavy-duty models including the VS820 Vacuum Sealer. For domestic use, we recommend our VS350 Vacuum Sealer.
How to Sous Vide
Pac Food is committed to providing customers with the best products, best prices and best customer service. Perfect for domestic use – whether you love fishing, camping or buying meat in bulk – and even small food & beverage outlets such as cafes.
Take advantage of our easy and secure online ordering system. View our extensive range of bags, rolls and vacuum sealers here. Don’t forget to keep an eye on our specials section – updated regularly – or view our range of combo deals to suit every budget. Got a question? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help.